Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Old song in my heart....

Every year, at this time.. I think of these words..from an
old song... my mother use to sing it while playing the piano.

Oh, it's a long, long while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
One hasn't got time for the waiting game
Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few
September, November
And these few precious days I'll spend with you
These precious days I'll spend with you
 lyrics (by Maxwell Anderson);

Summer, I hardly knew ya.. you ran quickly thru my
fingers, as I planted the garden, and flowers. Your
heat would have me working in the early mornings hours.
Your sun colored me tan, and fishing was grand.

But I am not ready to give up yet. I have so much more
I want to do.  There are more fish to fish for, there is
more flowers to watch bloom... and a garden to pick
from. 
There is the lights on the pergola I haven't got to enjoy
yet, or the fire in the outdoor fireplace, we haven't got
to enjoy yet. Oh, please summer don't leave me here
to be covered with leaves and snow.

And the days grow short, when you reach September..
I am not ready, I tell you.. I am not ready.. and next year
is too long to wait.


No comments: