Wednesday, October 08, 2014

I want to go back to my good old days..

Everyone talks about the good old days.. especially those
over 80.. and I guess I am starting to join the good old days
group.

I want to go back to the days where a holiday was a holiday,
and no one changed it around. Columbus Day in Washington
state is going to be change to a Native Indian type holiday.
What I don't understand is, why did they drop the Columbus
Day?  And why not just give the Native Indian a day of their
own. Why robbed Columbus his due?

Then there is the changing of the day of any given day of
celebration to the closest Monday. Nixon did that one.
Suppose to save money? How is that? A day off .. is a day
off.. be it Wednesday or Monday. But who knows.
Why can't they just leave things alone.?

The good old days where a kid would fall down and got
back up with a few tears and ran off to play. Now they
are removing anything in any way that could hurt them.
Guess the next thing is.. you will have to bubble wrap
your kid before they head outside. And maybe even
before they get up.

The more thing change the more I wish they would just
leave it alone.


Yep, I have joined the "GOOD OLD DAYS" group. 

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

Welcome to the club!