Thursday, August 20, 2015

Too much junk saved...

Don't know about you, but I have a problem of
using surfaces for catch all.. the dining room seems
to survived. But my back bedroom and my own
dresser drawers are my worse.  Also have a desk
that gets it too. 

So yesterday, I decided to clean off all the surfaces
and deal with it..  So piled it up all on my bed.
It took me 3 hours to clean it, find places to put
the stuff or throw it away. 

Filed some papers, put some of the stuff in the
drawers, and got rid of the rest. 

I have decided I save way too much crap. And
the sad thing is.. when I put some of the stuff
away in drawers, I know someday I have to dump

them out and deal with all that stuff too. 

2 comments:

LJB said...

I am continually intrigued by what things among the detritus of our lives we want desperately to hold on to and what things we easily discard. Several months ago I made the choice to purge most of my "non essential" STUFF as everthing I REALLY valued would be going into storage for two years while I went on a big adventure in a faraway land. The excruciating part was figuring out what to keep and what to let go of. I suspect that when I return to the USA in late 2016 I will discover much of what I so lovingly packed away will have lost its allure. I also suspect that I will, on some level, always wonder why I did not keep other thingsthat went off to Goodwill. Fickle mind!

Word Tosser said...

This is so true, LJB... I use to move every 4 years.. We would get rid of a lot of stuff
so we wouldn't have to move it.. I swear that drawers and closets are breeding grounds
fo STUFF.. as I know when I moved in, I didn't bring all that with me. Only to repeat,
each time we moved. Some like you said... you wonder, what was i thinking, when I packed this?