Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WASTED DAYS, AND WASTED NIGHTS....

I always thought that these days came in Feb.
or even March.....  but for me it is early... the
doom and gloom of the weather...

I don't do non sunny days.. I can handle maybe one,
but more, it is just not for me... I loose all my energy.
They say turn on your lights, especially if you have
neon type ones...  Which I have in my kitchen.. doesn't
help.

It just saps us... this isn't cabin fever.. cabin fever
is when you can't get out and do anything..  This
is just a drain on you.  No matter how many places
you go to. 

They have a applicable name for it too. At least the
initials for it is.. S. A. D.  (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
listed as this...

SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you're like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.

I usually start after the first of the year, as I am too busy
in the fall, for it..  Maybe because the holidays are over,
and nothing going on?  I don't know.
It is surprising to find how many people suffer from this,
and it is not age biases either..  I found out about it when
I was still working about 20 years ago.. One of my partners
was talking about it.  And when she started listing each
thing.. I thought, holy cow, it is a real deal..
Some even attempt suicide, it is that bad.. Lucky for me
I am not that bad.. but it sure does sap me..

And only 41 more days to Spring... sigh.....  





No comments: