Tuesday, April 05, 2016

So this is 76

So this is what it feels like to be 76.
Who would have thought, I still be here.
As the old saying went.. if I had known
I was going to be living this long, I would
have taken better care of myself. lol

Well, to be honest, it isn't much different
than 75 or 71 for that matter..  Can't say
it is isn't any different than 66, as at 66,
I was stronger.  I could lift more. I could
walk longer...

But over all, 76 isn't bad.  After all it is
better than the alternative.. and when
you consider 45 use to be old, this taint
bad.

I have outlived my mother, as she was not quite
74.  But got a ways to go to get to my dad...
as he lived to 82 and he was pretty spry
for that age.. Still out there running the tractor
cutting hay, just 3 months before he passed.

And actually my father's side are long livers.
My aunt was heading to her 89th birthday
when she passed, just a month before. And
she was doing a jig in the Sears store as
she was trying on shoes for a trip to Canada
in 2 weeks, the morning of the night that
she passed. 

So my decision years ago was to live until
I died.. instead of waiting around to die.
And so far I have done a pretty good job
of it all.

So as my dad use to say.. well.. I got
places to go, people to see, and things
to do.. so enjoy your day, as I sure will
be enjoying mine.


No comments: